Greater Thousand Islands Literacy Council Writing Contest
General Brown students participated in the Greater Thousand Islands Literacy Council writing contest. Students were asked to write a response to the following question: You’ve just found a treasure map; what would you do next; do you decide to look for the treasure, who is going to help you, what supplies will you need?
- Misty Yarnall - 12th Grade - 1st Place - Sponsored by Carrie LaSage
- Shania Griffin - 9th Grade - 1st Place - Sponsored by Carrie LaSage (now at Watertown)
- Natalie Sheen - 8th Grade - 1st Place - Sponsored by Lindsay Pitkin
- McKenna Lee - 6th Grade - 2nd Place - Sponsored by Emily Aumell
- Cody Bourcy - 6th Grade - 3rd Place - Sponsored by Emily Aumell
First place winners will receive a gift certificate and two free books; second and third place winners will receive a special ribbon and one free book. First place winners are also invited to read their stories at the Winners' Reception to be held at Case Middle School at 6:30pm on April 17th. Second and third place winners are also invited to attend the Writers' Reception.