- Attend Higher Ed Night at JCC - September 30, 2019
- Sign up for the PSAT - Deadline is October 4, 2019
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT - October 16, 2019
- Take practice tests for the SAT or ACT (collegboard.com actstudent.org).
- Review college options, requirements, and deadlines for admission, housing, financial aid, and scholarships to begin preparing to narrow college choices.
- Visit college campuses of interest, if possible.
- Register for Spring SAT and/or ACT
- Register with NCAA Clearinghouse if you plan on being a college athlete for Division I or II schools. Registration can be completed online at www.ncaaclearinghouse.net.
- Register for fall SAT and/or ACT
- Make sure you meet the admissions requirements of the colleges that you are interested in. Change your schedule in the counseling office if you need to take extra courses.
- Double check college admissions deadlines.
- Start the process of getting recommendation letters from teachers and/or people who know you.
- Most early decision and early action applications are due between October 1 and November 1. Keep this in mind if you intend to take advantage of these options.
- BE ADVISED: DO NOT APPLY FOR EARLY DECISION UNLESS YOU ARE 100% CERTAIN THAT THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO ATTEND!
- Search for scholarships online and review the scholarship newsletter.
- If planning on playing sports in college, be sure you register ASAP with the NCAA Clearinghouse at www.ncaaclearinghouse.net.
- Make final decisions on possible colleges.
- Complete college applications, paying close attention to early admission deadlines.
- Request teacher and/or counselor recommendations if needed.
- Request transcripts from the counseling office as needed.
- Attend college sponsored campus visit programs.
- Search for scholarships online and through the scholarship newsletter. (Raider Rap)
- Be aware of admissions deadlines, housing deadlines, scholarship deadlines, etc.
- Take ACT or ACT tests. Make sure that the official scores are sent by the testing company to the colleges or universities that have made your final list of schools.
- Register with the Selective Service if you are a male and 18 years old.
- Graduation Announcements ordered.
- College Applications are due to the Guidance Office by Thanksgiving.
- Fee Waivers for SUNY Applications are available through your counselor (if applicable).
- Caps and Gowns Ordered
- College Scholarships opportunities are posted in the Guidance Office. Please stop in and look at the Guidance Board to see if they apply to you. News arrives daily please check the board frequently for new scholarships.
- Scholarship Booklet available in the Guidance Office.
- Regents Week - January 21 - January 24, 2020
- Seventh Semester Ranking Completed
- Scholarhip Booklet Due - March 2, 2020 by 3:00PM
- Bring Acceptance Letters into the Guidance Office
- Junior/Senior Prom - May 2, 2020
- Caps and Gowns distributed to Seniors
- Senior Group Picture taken
- Tell the Guidance Office where to send your final transcripts.
- Graduation - June 26, 2020