Social Media Guidelines
The General Brown CSD Facebook page is a place for all to follow and participate in discussion about General Brown news and information, as well as issues that affect the people and organizations the district serves.
We invite open and civil discussion for all items posted on this Facebook page. Any and all comments are monitored and reviewed to ensure they comply with our commenting guidelines.
Comments that comply with the guidelines are then documented and shared with General Brown personnel as part of an ongoing effort to ensure the district’s services remain highly focused and valuable.
To ensure that your voice is heard in this effort, please follow these guidelines:
- Please use common courtesy. You must demonstrate appropriate respect for other commenters. If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to challenge that opinion with a comment of your own. But please, no personal attacks.
- Comments viewed as flaming, abusive or offensive will be removed. We will not allow any comments that are obscene or contain profanity or that may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual or any other grounds; are harmful, vulgar or distasteful; or are defamatory, libelous, or invade another person’s privacy.
- Just be yourself. You may not represent that you are any other person, whether real or invented, or imply any connection with any person or organization with which you are not in fact associated. The use of multiple identities is not permitted.
- Stay on topic. Comments that do not pertain to the subject matter at hand will be removed.
- Respect copyrights. Please respect the copyright of other users, organizations, Web sites, media, etc. Citing of published material: Referencing and/or linking to material published in other newspapers, blogs, and other sources is fine; so is limited use of excerpts. Cutting and pasting of entire articles or lengthy excerpts is not allowed. We are not responsible for any comments that violate copyright laws and will not take any steps to verify that comments do not violate any copyright laws.
- No advertising, please. Unauthorized advertising, business solicitation, promotional items, “spam” or junk mail will be removed
- By commenting, you also recognize that your comments are your own, and that you hold General Brown CSD and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
We reserve the right to remove any comment at any time from our Facebook page, without limitation, if it violates the above rules.
We thank you for your productive contributions to our page!