GBCSD to offer summer school for K-6
General Brown Central School District will be offering the opportunity to participate in a summer school for selected students in kindergarten through sixth grade. The goal of summer school will be to reinforce core ELA and Math skills while offering enrichment activities that spark students’ interests for continued learning.
Please note the following details related to summer school:
- Summer school is scheduled July 6 through August 13.
- Sessions may run as one 6-week program or two 3-week programs.
- Hours of instruction will be 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesday-Thursday weekly.
- Additional support will be available for students with disabilities and English Language learners.
- There will be no remote-only or hybrid options for summer school.
- There will be no cost associated with summer school.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge for all participants.
Classroom and transportation capacities likely will be limited, which will also limit the number of summer school participants. Parents who feel their child may benefit from summer school should complete the Summer School Interest Survey no later than June 2, so the district can better plan for instruction and supervision.
After interest is gathered, the school will determine capacity limits and contact parents to complete a formal registration. Please complete the survey for each child that you’d like to attend summer school.