Budget Vote and BOE Election
NOMINATING PETITIONS FOR BOARD OF EDUCATION
The General Brown Central School District will hold its Annual Budget vote and Board of Education election on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, from noon to 8:00 PM. Board of Education vacancies exist for two (2) three-year terms, currently held by Ms. Natalie Hurley and Mr. Jason Reynolds.
Nominating petitions may be obtained from the District Office - 17643 Cemetery Road - Dexter, NY, Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM. All nominating petitions must be filed with the District Clerk, not later than 5:00 PM on Monday, April 17, 2023. All nominating petitions must contain a minimum of 25 signatures of qualified voters of the General Brown Central School District. Please contact the District Clerk, Mrs. Lisa Leubner, at 315-779-2311, for a petition or with questions.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be a qualified voter of the district
- Must have been a resident of district for at least one year prior to election
- Not more than one member of a family shall be a member of the Board
- Cannot be an employee of the General Brown Central School District
QUALIFICATIONS FOR VOTERS
- A citizen of the United States of America
- Eighteen years of age
- A resident within the District for a period of thirty days in advance, as required by law
- No person shall have the right to register for, or vote at any school meeting or election who would not be qualified to register for or vote at an election in accordance with the provisions of Section 5-106 of the Election Law
- Do not need to be a taxpayer to vote or to be a candidate